HIRING - Zip Line Guides
August 14, 2016
August 14, 2016
Zip Rockford is seeking Zip Line Guides (2-4 positions) for the end of the 2016 season; September - November weather permitting) Guides may caring over into the 2017 season beginning May 1 of next year.
Learn harness and safety rigging, tour operations, policy and procedures, and assist clients while getting paid to zip! Need to be able to lift up to 60 pounds, be comfortable at heights, and follow directions and safety training. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to hike, a must.
The tour consists of 5 zip lines up to dual 1,000' in length and an Indiana Jones style suspension bridge. Successful persons shall have demonstrated success in customer service, ability to follow technical details, be comfortable at heights off the ground, familiar with learning styles, have a positive and outgoing personality, be a team player, and love working at a dynamic outdoor adventure company.
Compensation will be reflective of the applicants qualifications and budget allotments; ranging from $10 - $14/hour, plus tips, with possible bonuses based on performance and evaluation metrics.
(About our Parent Company) EBL is a dynamic, on the go, fast paced, and the leading Canopy / Zip line tour experts with over 37 projects since 2002. Founded in 1996 as a team-building and ropes course installation company, EBL now exclusively installs, inspects, trains, owns, and operates canopy tours across the US and Canada, to include but not be limited to Hawaii, Alaska, Idaho, California, Iowa, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Illinois, and Florida. EBL is an Accredited Vendor with the Professional Ropes Course Association (PRCA) which is the first ANSI Accredited Standards Developer for the ropes challenge course and canopy zip line tour industry. EBL has just received a successful re-review for its Accredited vendor status. EBL adheres to and supports the published ANSI/PRCA American National Standard. All EBL tours are wet stamped by both Professional and Structural Engineers, installs tour based on the passive gravity braking system, and has patent pending designs, safety equipment, and method procedures.
Do you enjoy being outdoors in nature, assisting with people, reflecting your charm, all while doing a zip line tour? Do you have a firm commitment to safety? We are looking for individuals that enjoy sharing adventurous experiences with others and “learn by doing.” If you can multi- task and have a passion for your work, then Zip Rockford is for you! Tour Guides will take guests on an exhilarating experience through the Zip Rockford zip line tour while focusing on guest experiences and safety at all times.
Zip Rockford is located at Alpine Hills Adventure Center, just south east of the intersection of East State Street and Alpine Roads. ?
Position Type: Part or Full Time, Hourly ($10 - $14 DOE)
Education: High School or GED required, Bachelor’s preferred,
Experience: 3 years minimum in guest relations, hospitality, recreation
Required: Valid Driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily tour inspections including site, personal protective equipment (guides & guests), and zip tour operating systems.
- Complete daily inspection logs
- Assisting guests with gearing up and gearing down guests.
- Open/close duties for the business.
- Guest tour orientation and safety briefing.
- Provide assistance and emotional support for tour guests when needed.
- Conduct educational and environmental learning components for guests while on the tour.
- Role model an inclusive, friendly, and supportive guest experience.
- Perform additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to assess self, other guides, and guests for proper gear set-up.
- Ability to assess zip tour for daily operations or emergency evacuations.
- Ability to pass pre-employment & periodic background check and drug screening.
- Participate in multiple zip lines or past employment at an adventure facility such as zip lines or ropes challenge course.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to be outdoors as a tour guide and oversee operations in a vast weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, fog, snow, etc.).
- Ability to react to potential stressful situations that could require a rescue plan to be enacted.
- First Aid and CPR required or the ability to attain within 30 days of employment.
Salary & Benefits:
- Hourly Position Hourly ($10 - $14 DOE)
Send Resume AND references to:
In-person interviews shall begin August 18, 2016.
No telephone calls please. Zip Rockford will contact qualified applicants upon receipt of their professional information and letter of interest. Successful applicant shall be subject to EBL Employment policies, confidentiality agreements, and subject to criminal background checks and possible random drug testing. EBL is an EOE.